The past tense of a verb is usually formed by adding "ed" to the end of the verb. If the word ends with an "e," then just add "d".
The past tense of the verb "to listen"
Person Singular Plural
Infinitive Past form Sentence form
Elizabeth and I lived in France last year.
You and the man watched tennis in 1986.
The people talked last night.
The team used a bus to travel to the last game.
Type the correct past form in the box in the following sentences:
1. Tony (work) in Berlin last week.
2. Tony (walk) to school this morning.
3. Tony (live) in Toronto last summer.
4. Tony (wait) on the staircase for the past five hours.
5. Tony (need) a book yesterday.
6. Tony (watch) your game last night.
7. Tony (expect) to shop last weekend.
8. Tony (prefer) the yellow bubble gum at recess.
9. Tony (use) an eraser ten minutes ago.
10. Tony (talk) to my mother over the weekend.
- Posts : 144
Reputation : 30
Join date : 12/02/2010
Age : 53
1. Tony worked in Berlin last week.
2. Tony walked to school this morning.
3. Tony lived in Toronto last summer.
4. Tony waited on the staircase for the past five hours.
5. Tony needed a book yesterday.
6. Tony watched your game last night.
7. Tony expected to shop last weekend.
8. Tony prefered the yellow bubble gum at recess.
9. Tony used an eraser ten minutes ago.
10. Tony talked to my mother over the weekend.
amal boudchich 1SEG4
- Posts : 21
Reputation : 4
Join date : 22/10/2011
Age : 21
Permission de ce forum:Vous ne pouvez pas répondre aux sujets dans ce forum