International Women's Day(March 8th)

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas

International Women's Day(March 8th)

Message  Mrs HILMI le Ven 5 Mar - 6:41

International Women's Day (IWD) is celebrated around the world on March 8 every year. It began as a campaign for better working conditions by women in New York at the turn of the 20th century. The first official IWD was on February 28, 1909. No one knows for sure why the date changed to March 8, but this is the date when thousands of women started annual marches in New York’s streets. The first international women’s conference took place in 1910, in Denmark. Since then, IWD has spread around the world. Today it is an important day to highlight the economic, political and social contributions women have made to our world. Women can now be happier that things are moving in the right direction.
IWD is an official holiday in many countries, including Algeria, China, Cuba, Italy, Poland, Vietnam, and Zambia. All across the world, men give flowers and other gifts to the women in their lives - mothers, wives, girlfriends, sisters, teachers, etc. In Portugal and Romania, women celebrate by having "women-only" dinners. IWD is a big event in India, where people hold celebrations throughout the day. Indian men want to show how important women are to their society. What about Moroccan society ?How is IWD celebrated by Moroccans ?What do you do to celebrate IWD ? All around the world women are becoming more powerful in business, entertainment, politics and other areas There are over a dozen nations today with women leaders.Has Moroccan women ‘s status changed in the same way ?. Write about a Moroccan woman who has achieved distinction in our society However, IWD is still necessary to highlight the inequality millions of women still face.What is still to be done in order to empower Moroccan women in more accurate and effecient ways ?

Mrs HILMI

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Re: International Women's Day(March 8th)

Message  Rhardane Abderrahman le Mar 11 Mai - 12:16

First of all, I'd like to mention that on Feb the 28th, "Rare disease day" is celebrated. To some extent, I guess It would seem as an offense to Women to celebrate both of them on that day. Rolling Eyes
Maybe Women's day is neither a celebration nor an official holiday in Morocco, but I can say that It's celebrated; especially in urban areas. Although I feel that It's somehow neglected these days. When I was Young, We used to make flower or cut them in order to give them to our female teacher as a symbol of respect. I used to cook lunch on that day. Very Happy Very Happy
IWD has improved women's status in our Moroccan community, the female kind is a powerful element in the society. Thus, They should be given their rights and relieved from any gender bias. the IWD is the best way to provide equity and respect for Women.
I suggest that It should be highly celebrated all over the country, especially in rural area, where some Women are deprived of most of their rights Smile Because a country will develop more and move forward if more of the citizens are active and productive.

Rhardane Abderrahman

Message  Abdelmajid Igouzoul 1SEG4 le Mer 2 Nov - 6:35

Good Idea Tnx Smile

Abdelmajid Igouzoul 1SEG4

Message  Contenu sponsorisé Aujourd'hui à 11:08

Contenu sponsorisé

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut